Duration: 1 class
Class length: 2.5 hours
Cost: $50 per person
LGBTQ+prov is born of queer and trans instructor Syd Campbell’s desire to teach a class they always wished they could take. Using comedy we will explore performing queer narratives in fun and hilarious ways, opposing the idea that our queerness is an inherently painful part of ourselves. This workshop will play with gender performance, confidence, vulnerability, taking up space, and bringing joy into our queer bodies.
No improv experience is necessary.
We ask only folks who self-identify as part of the LGBTQ+ community to enroll.
Monday, December 6 from 7:00pm-9:30pm with Syd
COVID-19 Guidelines for Students
Keeping You Safe:
- Our workshops are produced under Alberta’s Restriction Exemption Program, meaning that in order to attend our in-person workshops all participants must provide either:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination (you can get yours quickly here)
- Proof of negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to each class
- Documentation of medical exemption
- Fringe Theatre maintains increased sanitization procedures around the building, including regularly disinfecting high-touch surfaces (door handles, Point-of-Sale machines, bathrooms, etc.), disinfectant misting (daily and between audiences)
- All students are required to wear a mask within the building at all times, in accordance with City of Edmonton bylaw and Province of Alberta restrictions
- Rapid Fire continually works closely with Fringe Theatre to assess hazard mitigation for all participants
- The workshop space is large with high ceilings, and class sizes are kept small to protect you and other participants, making it very easy to maintain social distancing throughout the class
Before you arrive:
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms that are unrelated to a preexisting condition (fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat, chills, painful swallowing, runny nose, nasal congestion, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, unexplained loss of appetite, loss of sense of taste or smell, muscle/joint aches, headache, conjunctivitis/pink eye), have travelled outside of Canada or had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days, you should not attend;
- If you are exhibiting symptoms and are unable to attend a class, please contact email@example.com
Arriving for class:
- The doors will open 15-minutes before the workshop start time unless otherwise communicated;
- Everyone must wear a mask or face covering while in the building. If you forget yours, don’t despair! We have disposable non-medical masks available by donation;
- Please sanitize your hands upon entering the building. Sanitization stations will be available at the entrance and throughout the building