Welcome to Rapid Fire Theatre! Here you will find information to prepare you for your visit to our shows or workshops.
Info for Workshops
Our workshops currently take place in Old Strathcona at the ATB Financial Arts Barns (10330 84 ave). Most workshops take place in the Studio Theatre, and some take place in Studio A. Both are accessible via the south entrance of the building, right next to McIntyre (Gazebo) Park.
Note: we are not located at Studio Theatre on the U of A campus. That’s something else!
Rapid Fire Theatre honours the place that we call home; Treaty Six territory and the original home of Indigenous nations, including the Cree, Nakota-Sioux, Blackfoot, Dene, and Métis.
We celebrate this place, where people have been telling stories and making each other laugh for thousands of years. We honour the spirit of respect, collaboration and sharing that created this treaty and in doing so, we celebrate the spirit of Tatawaw; that there is room here for all.
We strive to uphold these values in all that we do, for we are all Treaty people, making it up as we go, together.
Improv should be accessible and welcoming to everybody. That’s why we strive to ensure that Rapid Fire Theatre is a safe space for our audience, volunteers, staff and players. You can read our anti-harassment policy here.
There are two gender inclusive washrooms available near the Studio Theatre with wheelchair-accessible stalls and a baby-changing table.
Getting to Rapid Fire Theatre
Our workshops take place at the ATB Financial Arts Barns. They are located in Old Strathcona in Edmonton at 10330 84 ave. There are plenty of ways to get here.
The closest LRT stations are University and Health Sciences/Jubilee. The Arts Barns are about a 30 minute walk from these stations. There are also several major bus routes that connect with these two stations that can get you closer.
There are a lot of major bus routes that will take you near the ATB Financial Arts Barns, including the 4, 8 and 404. Plan your trip using the ETS Trip Planner.
The 83rd avenue bike lane passes by the south side of the ATB Financial Arts Barns.
If driving is your style, there is a ton of convenient surface parking options available in the area. Across Gateway Boulevard from the Arts Barns is the Old Strathcona Farmer’s Market parking lot, with ample paid parking.
The Arts Barns are in the Communauto parking zone, with many convenient places to park your rideshare.
COVID-19 Guidelines for Students
Keeping You Safe:
- Our workshops are produced under Alberta’s Restriction Exemption Program, meaning that in order to attend our in-person workshops all participants must provide either:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination (you can get yours quickly here)
- Proof of negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to each class
- Documentation of medical exemption
- Fringe Theatre maintains increased sanitization procedures around the building, including regularly disinfecting high-touch surfaces (door handles, Point-of-Sale machines, bathrooms, etc.), disinfectant misting (daily and between audiences)
- All students are required to wear a mask within the building at all times, in accordance with City of Edmonton bylaw and Province of Alberta restrictions
- Rapid Fire continually works closely with Fringe Theatre to assess hazard mitigation for all participants
- The workshop space is large with high ceilings, and class sizes are kept small to protect you and other participants, making it very easy to maintain social distancing throughout the class
Before you arrive:
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms that are unrelated to a preexisting condition (fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat, chills, painful swallowing, runny nose, nasal congestion, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, unexplained loss of appetite, loss of sense of taste or smell, muscle/joint aches, headache, conjunctivitis/pink eye), have travelled outside of Canada or had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days, you should not attend;
- If you are exhibiting symptoms and are unable to attend a class, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Arriving for class:
- The doors will open 15-minutes before the workshop start time unless otherwise communicated;
- Everyone must wear a mask or face covering while in the building. If you forget yours, don’t despair! We have disposable non-medical masks available by donation;
- Please sanitize your hands upon entering the building. Sanitization stations will be available at the entrance and throughout the building
Info for Shows
Currently we are not producing live shows. Stay tuned for updates!