Duration: 1 class
Class length: 2.5 hours
Improv asks us to breathe, be in the moment, and react honestly. These are the same actions we can take to ground ourselves when we’re feeling anxious. This workshop will not focus on performance but rather on the improv skills that can help you manage your anxiety.
No improv experience is necessary.
1. The instructor is not a therapist and this workshop is not meant to replace therapy.
2. The instructor does not have all the answers (no surprises there).
3. Mental health is incredibly complex and varies from person to person. The hope of this class is that you will be provided with some tools you can experiment with and employ as it suits your individual circumstance.
Saturday, Oct 15 from 2 pm-4:30 pm with Marg
COVID-19 Guidelines for Students
Keeping You Safe:
- We maintain increased sanitization procedures around the building, including regularly disinfecting high-touch surfaces (door handles, Point-of-Sale machines, bathrooms, etc.), disinfectant misting (daily and between audiences)
- Rapid Fire continually works closely to assess hazard mitigation for all participants.
Before you arrive:
- If you are experiencing symptoms, or have been a close contact, please notify your instructor or the Academy Director and stay home from class. Masks are welcomed and up to each individual
Arriving for class:
- The doors will open 15-minutes before the workshop start time unless otherwise communicated;
- Please sanitize your hands upon entering the building. Sanitization stations will be available at the entrance and throughout the building.